Specialising in offshore wind
Belgium’s first wind farm was launched in 2009. Since then, the sky is the limit for offshore wind energy in West Flanders. By 2020, 9 offshore wind farms generating 2,00 megawatts will be operational. The blue energy cluster of West Flanders prioritises the ambitions of the industry by:
- establishing a strong industrial network in partnership with De Blauwe Cluster and the Belgian Offshore Cluster.
The Port of Ostend and blue growth incubator GreenBridge offer office and storage space alongside customised services.
- offering advanced facilities and expertise to help companies develop and test new technologies.
Energy expertise at your fingertips
Energy companies, cluster organisations, knowledge centres and local governments unite in West Flanders. Engage with business partners, tailored advice and initiatives covering:
- the latest product and process trends and technologies;
- testing infrastructure and expertise;
- internationalisation through fairs and exhibitions.
New infrastructure, new opportunities
The Port of Ostend is the base for the West Flemish blue energy cluster and includes the GreenBridge blue growth incubator and science park, with focus on Blue Growth. This makes Ostend a future-focussed hub for blue energy innovation.
Supporting companies today for the economy of tomorrow
In order to give businesses in West Flanders every possibility to grow via innovation, the Province of West Flanders established cluster partnerships to prepare its industry for the future. Promotion, research, training and infrastructure,…. The cluster partnerships aim to create an optimal breeding ground for a future-oriented economy. This is possible thanks to a close collaboration between education, science, industry and local government.