Robust cross-border and international cooperation
We generate exciting economies of scale in West Flanders through our intense focus on local, regional, European and global partnerships.
Benefit from our great trade relations, rich knowledge-sharing opportunities, joint R&D initiatives and ground-breaking projects.
West Flanders pursues its own policy regarding the neighbouring regions in the North of France, Zeeland (NL) and Kent (UK). In doing so, it seeks to eliminate border-related challenges and harness mutual opportunities. An overview:
Bilateral cooperation agreements:
- Eurometropolis Lille-Kortrijk-Tournai (since 2008)
- EGTC West-Vlaanderen/Flandre Côte d'Opale Dunkerque (since 2009)
- Euregion Scheldemond (since 1989)
- Flemish-Dutch Delta (since 2011)
In its goal to develop a network of mirror regions and thematic partners, West Flanders supports strategic European and provincial projects, focussing on economic priorities, academic cooperation and agricultural policy.
Outside Europe (China)
West Flanders has maintained a friendship agreement with the Chinese province of Zhejiang since 2000, which focusses on the areas of sustainable economy and education. The proactive framework of this cooperation aims to:
- enable West Flemish companies to harness opportunities offered by the Chinese market;
- attract and support Chinese companies in West Flanders;
- develop a robust academic collaboration.
Tailored advice on project subsidy submissions
We offer public and private organisations in West Flanders advice on the European subsidy funds available. We can help you identify your best options and guide you in your search for international partners.
Overview of the available programmes:
- Interreg France-Wallonie-Vlaanderen
- Interreg Vlaanderen-Nederland
- Interreg 2 Zeeën
- Interreg North-West Europe
- Interreg Noordzee
- EFRO Vlaanderen
Any questions: email@example.com